I'm so hungry I could cry! But then nothing sounds good. And then I vomit. And then I stare at the Ensure and think about throwing the can right through the window.
Have I mentioned that we're finally, finally replacing our windows? They're single-pane from 1960 and, honest to god, in the winter, you can feel a cross-breeze in our bedroom--and in the nursery-to-be. We've been meaning to replace them (Utah isn't exactly known for a temperate climate) since we bought the house, and we bit the bullet and ordered some fancy double-pane vinyl (I think) windows that will be installed in a couple of weeks.
(I think, even if I lose these babies, I will not hate the windows for being a baby-reminder, so they are safe to buy.)
The weekend at the cabin was very nice. It made me a bit sad, to think that my children probably won't be going there all the time, like we used to do, especially after my grandparents are no longer with us. (Although my awesome aunt might help out from time to time.) I had one really good day--only puked three times and had a decent amount of energy. The other day, not so much. But I guess if you're sick and tired, you may as well be sick and tired in the Uintas. I was amazed out how out of shape I've got, though. I know we were at a very high altitude and that pregnancy can make you short of breath, but holy shit could I not hike for crap. I get all my exercise on the hospital floors. At home, I'm very sedentary (except when running to the toilet), because that seems to help me feel better. I need to start some sort of "exercise for unfit preggos" DVD.
I've never been a jogger, but now I'm totally fantasizing about getting a jogging stroller and taking my babies out every morning (well, except in the winter) and getting all buff from pushing them up and down the hills.
I think I'm mainly fantasizing about having more energy. Maybe I should go drink that damn Ensure.
6 comments:
I had exactly this relationship with food up till about 16 weeks. I remember the frustration well, of being so hungry but feeling nauseous at the thought of pretty much everything. Hoping it will subside for you by 16 weeks too!
Holy cow lady!! How are you managing to keep your weight gain going when you still are having to chuck all your food up? I don't think i've seen you post about having to get frequent iv's so obviously you are doing something right despite the hyperemisis (sp?) I keep hoping hard thta'll i'll come over here and you'll be like ....no more vomiting!! I'm still hoping...because this just doesnt seem fair for you. this is supposed to be your fun trimester...you know the one before we are big as whales and have to sleep sitting up in a recliner. :(
Marissa, I am 16 weeks pregnant today with twins, so just a few days ahead of you. While I haven't had HG, I have had severe nausea and indigestion that have made eating difficult-to-impossible. As a result, I have lost 7-8 lbs while pregnant, rather than gaining, and I'm starting to get kinda stressed out about it.
Was wondering if you are gaining weight, and if not, what your OB has had to say about it. My lack of weight gain has had me pretty worried, and I plan to discuss it with my OB at my next visit.
You crack me up! I'm still throwing up too....15 weeks today...what's up with THAT?! Booooo!!!! It's my morning tradition to get up and eat super early, throw it all up, then start over....fun stuff!!!! I've been drinking ensure types of drinks too to keep my calorie intake up. When oh when is the vomiting going to get better?! I'm OVER it!!
Oooh man I remember those days too well. Is there anything at all that gets your stomach working for you? I could always stomach a PB&J sandwich or a chocolate milk shake...with ensure in it, I hate that stuff, but it works :( Even if there is one thing in the world, healthy or not so healthy that you can stand, it will cheer you up. I hope you have more not sick than sick days soon.
Hi Marissa,
I just wanted to stop by and tell you I've been thinking of you and I hope you are doing well. I got an email from a friend from high school and she also suffered from HG, here is her post. http://www.heartbreakkids.com/blog/2011/9/15/hyperemesis-gravidarum.html
Hang in there, you can do it!
Post a Comment