Well, my third beta is in already--297 at 22 DPO. Doubling time of 73.06.
My clinic is pretty unhappy. They're having me in on Monday for an ultrasound to rule out ectopic.
I don't know what to make of it. The time is slower than the last one. It's still low.
But...it's still going up. So that's good, right?
That IS good.
ReplyDeleteAre you having any side pains or spotting that could be related to ectopic?
Crossing everything for you that this is okay.
really hoping everything is going to turn out just fine....hugs to you...
ReplyDeletePrayin for you and hoping those betas keep going up. Hang in there girl :)
ReplyDeletei've been waiting all morning for this update. hoping that it keeps going up. fingers crossed and sending you peace :-) hugs.
ReplyDeleteI am sending out my thoughts and energy for some good news!!
ReplyDeletei am not well versed in beta...but i'm hoping it a slow starter or like u said before a vanishing twin.
ReplyDeleteAmazes me how most people dont know anything about anything until they miss a period and we are clocking beta numbers by the hour! I am staying positive for you and with you. UP is where we want to go.
Crossing my fingers and praying for a high beta on Monday! ((Hugs))
ReplyDeleteI've been waiting to see how things are going! I am praying everything is fine!!
ReplyDeleteHi, Marissa. Im coming to you via Christas blog. I had a similar situation last month. I had positive tests and actually great numbers for my first 2 betas. Then, they went down and I too hoped for a vanishing twin. My numbers starting going down..and then back up! They were concerned for ectopic for me, too. It ended up being 6 blood draws and a regular miscarriage.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get some answers on Monday. Im sorry youre going through this. :(
Ugh. Catching up on blogs from vacation and yours was one of the first I wanted to check. I was really hoping I wouldn't hear all of this. I'm thinking of you. Sorry I wasn't here for you last week.
ReplyDeletejust coming to check on you. Hope your monday Beta is good!!
ReplyDeleteSaying prayers for you :)
ReplyDeleteHere from LFCA and just wanted to let you know that my clinic considers a rise of 53% in 48 hours to be normal. This time my beta's were soooo similar to yours! 16 dpo - 74.33; 19 dpo - 139.47; 21 dpo - 312.64. I think I did one more too, but I can't find the values. I was totally freaked out, and sure it was over just because my numbers weren't as high as everyone else's. But, now... I am almost 18 weeks pregnant.
ReplyDeletePlease don't give up!
I will keep you in my thoughts. I have been on both sides of beta hell. Best of luck to you and your bean!
Oh, that's no fun, but don't give up hope yet! My first beta with IVF#1 at 15dpo was 55. My doubling time between beta 1 and 2 was 48.1 hours, and between beta 2 and 3, 49.31 hrs, so not as slow as yours maybe, but not that quick either. I now have a very healthy 20-month old boy running around... Good luck with the u/s today, I hope it brings some good news.
ReplyDeleteHere via lfca... I wanted to chime in on my very low betas after my FET that ended up in a little ball full of energy that is my two year old little man sleeping down the hall from me right now.
ReplyDelete11dp3dt (14dpo) my first beta was a lowly 15.
16dpo beta #2 was 30.
18dpo beta #3 was 60.
Although my betas kept doubling every 48 hrs, they were still considered so low for my FET, my clinic told me I was most likely going to be ectopic or a soon to be a miscarriage. They offered no hope, but instead had me versed in warning signs of ectopic and kept taking betas until it would either go down or get to 1,000+ when something could be seen via u/s.
The magic beta finally came when my beta reached 1,027 an eternity later due to only doubling every 2 days. They immediately called me back into the office, excpecting to see a sac nestled in my tube, except instead, we found that little fetal sac nestled in my uterus. Too early to see anything else yet, but finally at 7w we saw that flickering hb on the monitor.
I ended up having a high risk pregnancy due to a placental anomaly caused from the FET itself. My quad screen results were less than stellar which had us in for a CVS at a tender 8wks. Everything came back chromosomally well and we found out our little hard to get baby #3 was our first son.
I admittedly don't know much about slower doubling times, but that 48 hrs was considered "ideal" but longer doubling times
can still work
out fine due to other factors, like you have mentioned.
All my luck to you and that little rising beta in your belly.
Oh, let me mention that at 22dpo, my beta was at about 240. They did an u/s at that time and due to it being so low still, they saw absolutely nothing at that u/s. Not a speck in my uterus or my tube. That freaked me out the most when nothing was seen (except a bit of uterine lining thickening) so if you to into your u/s with low beta #s, you may not see anything yet as well, so don't let that scare you if that happens to you.